Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lately....



I honestly had not realized how long it had been since i posted a blog. It doesn't really seem like that much has happened so I don't really know what to write.

Well, summer is almost over... i'm going back to school in about 2 weeks. crazy. I'm getting quite nervous actually and excited at the same time. I'm sure it will be a really good year because i am determined to make it that way. but still. i will miss my family and the laid back atmosphere of summer. My classes should be interesting and i'm excited to start using my brain again... its been lacking some real thinking opportunities.

I remember about a month into summer thinking that there was no way i'd be able to enterain the kids i nanny for two more months. I was pretty much all out of ideas. Well, with only two weeks left I'm proud to say we've had a fun summer: trip to the zoo, the museum, many many many trips to the park, playing in the sprinkler and slip-n-slide, the library, movies at paramount, reading books, swinging on the swings, countless snowcones, lots of laughs and a few tears. The kids are great and I'm glad i had the opportunity to get to know them and spend so much time with them this summer. It's a lot of fun.



My brother and sister have soccer tryouts this week. They'll dom i'm sure. GOOD LUCK!

I just wanted to say that I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is such a peace to me. I love going to church and singing hymns and listening to my inspired sunday school and relief society teachers. They always inspire me to do good. Today in Relief Society we had a lesson about the Articles of Faith. What profound, simple statements of faith. We believe in God the Eternal Father, and in His son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. How comforting. How true. I am so grateful that I know these truths. I simply can't imagine where I would be without this in my life. I am thankful for Joseph Smith and I know that he was the first Latterday Prophet. He restored the true Church of Jesus Christ on the earth and suffered greatly at the hands of unbelievers. I thank him for his sacrifice and all the other early saints that were persecuted because of their faith. Because of them I am able to be blessed by the truth.

I don't really have much else to say.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment