Monday, June 1, 2009

Children, Coaching and.... Camp

It's been awhile since i posted... mostly cuz a) i'm busy and b) i'm lazy.

But here's a quick update:

I have been working for a nanny here in town. Working Monday through Friday from about 9-5:30 every day. There are two kids: Marin who is ten, and Miles who just turned four. We spend most of the day at the park, in the back yard, reading books, playing the wii, and goofing off. I'm three weeks in to the job and it's a lot of fun. I definitely lucked out this summer and landed a sweet job, with good hours and good pay. The family (mom) is also really great about working with me so when i had to be in Pocatello by 5:30 on Friday she allowed my sister Taylor to come and watch them for the last hour or so. The kids are so funny and Miles cracks me up constantly. He is so funny. "Are you saying im allargic to motorsicles?" "Are you specking spanish?" "Are you saying im addicted to guns?".... ya, totally random and totally funny.

I feel kinda bad for the kids, honestly... they hardly ever see their mom and even less of their dad. sure, they have all the toys and amenities they could ask for but they also are really missing out on family time. They crave attention and miles is constantly wanted to be held and hugged and just loved. They also seem to be very very grown up for as young as they are. Marin, who is ten, talks about things that most ten year olds dont even know about and we be uncomfortable with if they did know about them. She has watched movies that i would never want to watch. Miles is only four but i often forget he is so young as he talks as good as most 6 year old and know way more than he probably should.

All in all they are great kids and its a privilege to spend so much time with them this summer.

I also just finished up with a soccer coaching course in which i earned my 'd' coaching license. It was kinda fun, a lot of work and very informational. I'm hoping to coach a team with my sister in the spring. I love soccer. I want to be the best coach possible. Oh ya, yesterday at the course i was playing in a game (because we didn't have enough kids to play) and this old guy (lol, like 30-40 ish) totally took me out and i sprained my ankle pretty badly. It's super swollen and sore now.

My brother, Beau, made the Idaho ODP (Olympic Development Program) Team. He is quite the soccer player and is going to Oregon for the next week to a Regional camp. It'll be good for him. He's a great kid and has a lot to offer.

There ya go... a quick synopsis. Nothing too exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment