Tuesday, July 12, 2011

love is...

I have be able to look through my mom's scrapbook that my grandma made her. It has some school assignments, report cards. It has some newspaper clippings highlighting my mom's fantastic basketball career. It has some pictures of her friends.

But, my favorite part are the letters written two and from my dad while he was gone at summer football camps. They couldn't text at all and were rarely able to make a call. I love how in love my parents were (and still are). I love reading their tender words of longing and desire. They were young, younger than I am now, but they were so in love. It's beautiful.

Among the letters were some pictures that my mom found and kept for my dad (I think). I stumbled upon these same cartoon online a couple minute ago and it reminded me of the one's I'd seen in my mom's books.

Love Is...
Love Is...Love Is...
i think they are adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment