Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm in Oklahoma!

Hey y'all! I finally made it to Oklahoma City!  
Not much free time in the next five weeks so I'm using these precious moments to update my beloved blog. 
:) 

Isn't it a beautiful city?  I am really really excited to get to Tulsa (Thursday) and finally see my new home! Met lots and lots of great people so far, and will surely meet lots and lots more before the week (day) concludes! 

We're staying on the campus of the University of Oklahoma.  It's absolutely beautiful! Lots of red brick buildings just like this one.  Lovely.

Also, It is FAR FAR too hot.  This is going to take some real getting used to.  I'm sweating buckets.
Also, I have yet to see anything to show me the stereotypes of the midwest.  No cowboy hats, no boots... but I haven't really ventured out very far yet.

2 comments:

  1. Jaraka, I used to live in Lawton, OK, on the Army base called Fort Sill. I loved it there! I hope you enjoy yourself. It's hot and humid, and they have GIANT bugs haha but you'll like it :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy yourself! Yes it is very very hot down here! And in my nearly three years I have only seen a handful of people in cowboy boots (most were girls making a fashion statement) and hats (only at a cowboy museum) in the area. Its pretty interesting. Cant wait to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete