No, I didn't forget about my momma.
In this pictures my mom is the same age I am now. 22 years old.
Aren't they a beautiful couple? Did you know that my parents met when my mom was 15 years old, married when they she was 18, and have been together ever since. That'll be 29 years of togetherness this fall.
This was my first Halloween. My dad was away in Alaska, working on a crab ship, trying to support his family. My mom dressed up as a werewolf!
My mom is the most amazing woman I know. She has dedicated every day of her life to her children and her husband. I do not know a more selfless woman on this earth.
As I've gotten older, I've begun to realize how much I am like my mother, how many qualities we share. I hope I continue to develop the motherly skills she has... her love, patience, dedication, faith, selflessness, and ability to find any lost sock, shirt, assignment, or key.
I don't think I look particularly like my dad or my mom, more like a good half-and-half. But, sometimes, I look at pictures of my mom and I see myself. It makes me feel special, beautiful, and like she's a part of me that I'll always have. At the very least, I have my momma's nose :)
My mom is my best friend. She's the one I turn to when I'm happy, sad, disappointed, scared, excited, confused, or just need someone to listen to me rant and rave.
Isn't this such a sweet picture?! :) She helped me down the slide, and down every trial I've experienced since. Thank goodness I had her to catch me, otherwise I may have landed on my face more often than not.
Love you momma.









Oh my goodness you do look a lot like your momma- you are both so so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay your mom is STUNNING! Especially that first picture...umm model status! And all that hair-I love it! Such a sweet post, Jar.
ReplyDelete