So it appears that this has become a blog about books. I'm okay with that; I hope you are too!
Here are the books that have recently been archived on my Kindle:
The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer
This was a fun, lighthearted story about two twins (a boy and a girl) who fall into a story book and experience their favorite fairy tales first hand. Its full of drama and twists and turns that will keep you on your toes. This is definitely appropriate for kids as young as 12 who love silly adventure stories. It was a silly read!
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
I haven't finished this one yet, only about 1/3 of the way through. It's definitely a new perspective on a now very common story about life in the 22nd century. The basic premise: when each human turns 16 he or she is turned 'pretty', that is, medically altered to be more attractive. Life then becomes easy and fun... or so it appears. (I am not very far in, so I don't know what to add.)
Carry On Warried: Thoughts on Life Unarmed by Glennon Doyle Melton
Haven't read much of this but so far it is eye opening and life changing. If you're looking for a pick up me, a new perspective on trials and challenges in your life, or just want to read for witty and honest commentary on life... this is a good book for you!
Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress by Marissa Meyer
Seriously an amazing story! I loved every minute of all three books (the fourth comes out in 2015). It is a futuristic twist on classic fairy tales: Cinderella, The Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, and Snow White. It's over the top, twisted, and unpredictability. I loved the strong female leads! I found parts of myself in each of them which was fun. This book has been used in literature studies in middle school and high school and contains pertinent social commentary. Absolutely recommend them all! I listened to these on my Audible app and the performance was great!
Unwind and Unwholly by Neal Shusterman
You guys these books are epic. Excellent social commentary. Great character development. Love triangles. Action. Twists and turns in every chapter. I listened to these on my Audible app and the performance was great and engaging.
I have many more already downloaded and ready to roll so be ready for more book talks.
No comments:
Post a Comment