I haven't written anything in over a year. That is not to say that things haven't been happening; it's been a pretty eventful year. *This post is without pictures because they are all on the other computer.*
In July of 2014 Jason was laid off from the job he'd had for nearly 8 years. The company was downsizing and they laid off an entire division of employees. We immediately started looking for new opportunities, primarily in Tulsa. But, he'd been looking around Tulsa for awhile before the layoffs and we were pretty sure staying in the city wasn't likely. Our search then expanded to include some areas out west, near my family. Unfortunately, there aren't many large asphalt companies based in Idaho or Utah... and if there are, we weren't able to get traction with any of them.
Before the layoffs we had booked and paid for our honeymoon to Maui, Hawaii so in August we took off for 10 days of sunshine and saltwater! It was an amazing time and I loved being with my husband 24/7. The trip included a helicopter ride around the island, a drive around the Northwest side of the island, a (way too long) scuba diving excursion, an underwater submarine jaunt, a luau, a few hikes, and a trip along the Road to Hana. We also planned to zip line, but hurricane Iselle came calling on our last two days so that got cancelled. It was a lovely experience; I would love to go back!
Eventually Jason was put in touch with a company here in Indianapolis. The position, opportunities, pay, and environment were perfect for us... so in September Jason moved into a hotel, and two weeks later I joined him. After week long stay in a hotel together we closed on our new house.
We've been here now about 8 months. I'll say that it's been a slow process making Indy feel like home. I still find it hard to believe that we've been here so long; I still feel like a newbie. We love our neighborhood, our ward, and our new friends. Jason's job has been going well and he's very busy.
In November of 2014 we learned that we were going to be expanding our family! Having children has been my dream and goal for my entire life. Jason and I were more than ready to take this step and that day was a wonderful one. I realized one day that I was late, took a test, and ta-da! It was about 4:30pm so I rushed to Wal-mart, bought an 'I Love Daddy' bib and waited anxiously for Jason to get home from work. When he did I asked him to come upstairs and when he did I threw the bib at him and before he even had a chance to read it and realize what it was I burst into tears and showed him the test. After a moment of confusion and disbelief it clicked and he got the biggest smile on his face. We took a couple pictures and laid on the bed and talked excitedly about our future family. We were thrilled! I had also been offered my new job that day so we figured we could go celebrate with dinner at Red Robin.
We kept the news a secret for about 2 or 3 weeks, but I just couldn't keep it from my mom and dad. I was so anxious to call them! Not because I was nervous about their reaction, I knew they would be just as excited as we were, but I knew I would be emotional and that my mom would probably cry. But Jason called his parents and told them they were expecting their 12th grandchild, and I called mine and told them they were expecting their 1st. Of course everyone was ecstatic! We traveled to Tulsa for Thanksgiving and I told my two best friends, Nicky and Kate, but decided to wait to tell our siblings until we had been to the doctor and that wasn't until December 10th. At that ultrasound we were given the estimated due date of July 16, 2015.
We shared the news with everyone our families on Christmas, and with the rest of the world a few weeks later. I have about 4,000 things to say about pregnancy and motherhood. It's been an emotional roller coaster; I've dreamed of being pregnant and having children, but never could have imagined what the experience is actually like.
Here we are, less than 6 weeks from that original due date!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete