Monday, June 6, 2011

Marriage is what brings us together today

I can not, for the life of me, imagine being married. Or, rather, getting married. Perhaps (and by perhaps I mean most definitely without a doubt) I am naive... but I don't worry about being married, about the things I'd be doing and giving up and the choices I, or we, would be making... What I am worried about is finding the right guy. {Not so much worried that I'd never find this single individual in a sea or people, just worried about knowing.} I can't imagine feeling so strongly and sincerely about a person that I'd want to spend TIME and all eternity with him. That honestly blows my mind. How on earth is one to know that he's 'THE ONE'... It seems like such a stretch. Knowing someone for six months, a year or two maybe, and then saying "Hey! I like you, you like me... lets make it last FOREVER and ETERNITY!" Yikes. Sounds nearly impossible if you ask me.

But, I hope it'll happen. Not now, not this week or month or year. but eventually. I'm assuming I'll figure out how to tell before it's too late. Because right now, it sounds like .... well, it sounds bloody terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment