Me: I am kinda lonely mom. I wish I had a boyfriend.
Mom: Sorry
Mom: I know you get lonely, but you are doing all the right things... it will happen... I know it will.
Me: Ya. But I just wish I knew when.
Mom: Me too
Me: Waiting is hard.
Mom: But remember you are waiting for the one and only special guy... who Heavenly Father has created just for you
Me: Ya I know. And the best part about that is that he's waiting for me too. He's not going to find his one till I find mine.
Mom: I believe that he too is "in the refiner's fire" like you, becoming polished and working hard to be the best he can for you
Me: Exactly, I feel better now.
It doesn't seem like much. But this was so comforting to me. It seemed to speak right to the core of my longing. It's very comforting to me to know that while I'm here anxiously waiting to meet, date, and marry my husband he is somewhere anxiously waiting to meet, date, and marry me. He may have a girlfriend, but the truth is, he's not dating his wife. That's pretty comforting to me. And it's true. I've been busy working and learning and growing... turning into a woman he'd want to marry; he's surely doing the same things. We'll be better for each other because of the time we've spent apart.
Wow. I really needed to hear this today. Thank you for sharing. :)
ReplyDelete