Tuesday, September 6, 2011

GREAT NEWS!!!

Two very exciting things happened to me today all within a 3 hour block.

1. I got a new position in work. I wouldn't call it a promotion exactly, but I got moved to a new store. It's kinda complicated to explain online to people who don't understand where I work now. ... ... ... Basically, I was a floor manager in a food court and then I was notified today that my old boss (who was my boss at the food court, but got moved to a new store) wanted me to work with him at this new store! I don't know if that makes any sense. Now I'm technically an assistant manager over my own store. He said, "It's your store... you want to hold a meeting, hold a meeting! You want to bring in new product? Bring in new product!" I must say, this brought an immediate smile to my face. I love the idea of being in charge. :) It should be a great challenge and I'm a little nervous but I know I can can do it. I know he wouldn't have brought me into this new position if he didn't believe in me.
It will be soooo nice! I loved my old job but there was SO much to know and SO many stores to coordinate. Now, I will have a deeper responsibility but over a much narrower field. It will be great. I can't help but dwell on the fact that I won't have 11 stores to worry about. Just one. And I'll be the decision maker! HELLSYA!

2. The cutest (sweetest, nicest, goodest) boy in my ward** (who I have been crushing on for a good while now) texted me today to inform me that we were called** as 'Home Evening' group leaders! What does this mean exactly?? It means that I will be spending at least one hour every week with this charming, very attractive man. Is he interested? Probably not. Does he have a girlfriend? Probably. Does that quell my excitement? NOT IN THE LEAST! He's a great guy and I look forward to getting to know him better with the greatest excitement.

** I'm Mormon! Wards are the groups we, as members of the church (members for short), are organized into for matters of Sunday worship, organizational purposes (tithing, etc). My ward is comprised of other young, single adults who live close to me. There are TONS of wards around here. Callings are the responsibilities we are given as members. Each member is given a calling and there are many different responsibilities and they vary according to the demographics of ward.

If you want to know more about my general beliefs look here: MORMON.ORG

2 comments:

  1. Double exciting!! I remember the good old days when I was an FHE group leader with my crush. Best semester of my life. I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Jaraka! I love those rare days where everything just seems to go....right. Haha.

    ReplyDelete