I feel like 2012 is split into pre- and post-TFA. I don't remember much happening in January. In February I went to California, and to Disney Land (where I had a magical time) for the first time, and had my first pedicure. In March I participated in the annual Festival of Colors with two great friends. April marked my 22nd birthday and graduation. What a surreal experience. So grateful I had my Laci by my side the whole way. May was spent studying for Praxis exams and squeezing in family time before the big move.
The first week of June I drove 1,200 miles with my Grandma to the state I now call home: Oklahoma. Then Induction, Summer Institute (teaching 2nd grade summer school), meeting my Tulsa family, and a few weeks of basking in the sun.
School started August 20th and I spent two weeks at school number one. By the time September rolled around I was at school number two [but not without my newest bestest {Ms. Nicky D}. August also welcomed a new man into my life. September, October, and November I toiled, learned, planned, loved, cried, bonded, and taught. Trying to make a difference in the lives of 20+ 4th graders who I love and care for so dearly.
2012... you were perhaps the most change filled year of my life, and definitely the most challenging. A lot of big milestones, a lot of growing. I'm still not sure how I feel about all of it; thank you for what you've given me; but feel free to go. 2013 will hopefully bring a bit more stability, and plenty of love, growth, friendship, faith, family, learning, and healing.
I hope this country that I love can find peace, instead of war. Love instead of hatred. I hope we can build on the things that are the same within all of us, and celebrate those things which are different. I hope we take a step closer to God, and a step away from the darkness.
Be mindful. Be kind. Be yourself. Be courageous.




No comments:
Post a Comment