Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolution. Just one.

I was writing about resolutions for the new year... and I kept coming back to the same thing. the same word. I decided to scrap the old post and just settle for a simple description.

Intentional. Done by intention or design.

I've summed up my focus for 2013. I am going to strive to be more intentional in all that I do.

Sounds silly perhaps. But, I've noticed a general lack of purpose in my day to day. I don't mean to say I don't feel purpose in my life, I certainly do. Teaching has been the most worthwhile, and purposeful thing I've ever done. But I often find my self in a messy car, or with an empty fridge, or with no clean clothes, or with 2 less copies than necessary, or with the gas gauge on empty, or with double bookings on my calendar, or with texts unanswered, phone calls unreturned.

These are all simple, subtle things that have been neglected, or poorly thought through. I have time. I have the energy... I'm just not being purposeful. intentional.

By simply paying more attention to those little things I believe I will find more balance, serenity, and productivity.

What a simple fix. What an easy resolution.

"Live everyday as though it were on purpose."



No comments:

Post a Comment