Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A introductory glance into the essence that is Jaraka

I'm totally new to this blogging thing and so I'm not sure how effective of a blogger I will be. But I like the idea of having a journal online because I'm online all the time so I figure I might as well follow the prophet at the same time right!? I guess I'll just set the stage and explain my current Jaraka-ness.

I'm currently at BYU (the real one). I can't believe I'm finishing up my first year of college. A year ago I could hardly imagine myself being a successful, independent college student. It literally blows my mind. I have always been an independent person but I've always needed my mom. I'm not saying that I don't need her anymore because I call her ALL the time but, I have had to grow up quite a bit and do things for myself. It's a silly thing but I have a hard time with change and doing things for the first time literally scares me. Even the little, most normal, insignificant things I always took my mom along with me. She's an amazing woman and I hope that one day I can be like her. Anyway, College! It's been rough, not gunna lie. I've always been a smart girl... always got good grades... don't get me wrong I worked hard but, in general school was never very hard. Haha college was a different story... BYU is a good school, a school of very intelligent students and professors who expect a lot. This was something I was looking forward to... being in class with students who wanted to be there and listening to teachers who actually knew what they were talking about (a big change from High School). The First semester actually wasn't too bad. I mean, I studied more than ever but I still did pretty well. This second semester has been more work... mostly because of Economics. I am sure that any one who has talked to me this semester is fully aware that i hate the subject with an eternal undying passion. It pretty much is ruining my life and I hope that I survive. LOL... meh... other than that school isn't too bad.

I'm not a very social person.... in general... I have always been a pretty shy person in public. It's no so much that i don't like people I do, i guess I'm more scared that they don't like me. And because of this, in general, people need to take the chance to get to know me before I'm willing and able to open up to them and be myself. There have been a few, very choice people in my life who have done this and have become my best friends. And for them and their acceptance of me i am eternally grateful. So, I would much rather watch a movie and play games with a couple good friends then go out with a bunch of people to some social event. i mean, don't get me wrong, I can enjoy a good social gathering and it can be a lot of fun. But, in general I'd rather just chill and hang out. This can be kind of a bad social outlook in college because to begin with you, or at least I, did not have any friends and in order to make friends you need to go be social... But for me, as soon as i became good friends with my roommates I really didn't see the need or have the desire to go out and be social... this includes FHE and ward activities... I'm lame (I know). But I'd really rather just watch movies and talk :)

Where was I going with all this... uuuuhhhh... i don't remember.

I'll probably end up writing a new entry for each of the things I've talked about, my mom and my family, my classes, my best friends, all that jazz... but for now i need to go write an essay for class :)

No comments:

Post a Comment