Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the whole fam damily

Well, I love my family. Being the oldest of five children has had its ups and downs but now that I've been away with them for the majority of the past 8 months has really opened my eyes to how perfectly wonderful they are! The individual characteristics of my brother and sisters have come to mean a lot to me and i miss them terribly!

Taylor, is my closest sibling and has become one of my best friends. She is 16 years old and I can't believe how much she has grown up. She is a very smart girl but she doesn't seem to realize that most of the time. She has been working hard this past year, her junior year in high school, and I am very proud of her for all that she has accomplished. She is planning on graduating high school as a CNA and the proceeding to get her nursing degree. I am so happy for the decisions she is making. What a great girl! Along with working hard in school she works hard at soccer. She is an AMAZING keeper, no joke! I'm not just saying that because I'm her sister. She is, without a doubt, the best girl keeper in Idaho Falls... in my opinion as well as in the opinion of much of the soccer community in IF. I love to go shopping with Taylor, go running with Taylor, stay up late and talk with Taylor, she is no doubt one of my best friends. I can tell her everything. She is so funny. I think sense of humor is kinda a trait in my family. She makes me laugh and smile when i am so ornery... especially since I've been here at school. I'll be IMing her and i can't help but just watch the bad attitude drift away as she makes a funny joke that makes me laugh out loud in the library... which is kinda embarrassing. Taylor and I used to fight ALOT... we definitely weren't always good friends, but being away and having some space in between us has given us a chance to appreciate each other a lot more and I am totally looking forwarding to hanging out with her a lot this summer :) !!!!!!

My next minion is Beau. He's 13 and an incredibly little boy... wow... i mean teenage. I can't believe it! He is definitely the brains in the family. His brain is much larger than mine, or at least has a much larger capacity and he fills it. He fills it with all sorts of trivia and he knows the coolest things. Some times at dinner he'll ask stuff like "how many miles from Saturn to the Sun?", or "who would win if a tiger and a lion fought?" Of course, no one knows the answers so immediately following dinner he'll rush to a book or the internet and find out for himself... and he never forgets it either! If you ever need a random fact just ask Beau! Along with being super smart he is soooooooo funny! That's definitely what i miss most about Beau when I am away from him, his sense of humor. I swear he makes me laugh all the time. Even when I really don't want to laugh. When I'm mad or upset or if he's being annoying he'll crack a joke or make a face and I'm gone. He definitely uses this to his advantage when he's being annoying. Oh, and of course he's an incredibly good soccer player. Definitely a goal scorer... and a goal stopper if he's playing keep. Honestly, he is very impressive to watch on the soccer field. It makes me so proud to be his big sister. I mean honestly, who wouldn't want to claim the best player on the field??!?!? I have to admit though... things can get pretty stressful when I'm watching his game... I get so into it. i want him to win so bad. So if you get embarrassed by random yelling and screaming and such then you probably don't want to sit by me and one of his games. (or any of the kids for that matter)

The next little munchkin is Emma. She is 10 years old (as of February 25th). She is a strong little girl she is. She knows what she wants and she is determined to get it. Of course, she is a very good soccer player and I love watching her kick the boys butts! I am always going to have respect for the little girls that can show up the cocky boys that think they can take advantage of the girls. She is very confident herself and she knows she is good. Along with being a soccer star she can dominate in baseball as well. I am not at all familiar with baseball terms but from what I can tell she is a really very good player. She is just a little sports star because she can rock the basketball court as well. Her athletic skills at her aged are far above my own or Taylor's when we were her age. She is so much fun and always wants to go into the back yard and kick the ball around with whoever is willing to play with her. :) She is a sweet spirit and she likes to make people happy, even if they do cry when she kicks their butt on the field. She is also very smart and does a lot of good things in school. She's a great friend and likes to please people and make them feel included. She's a great girl!!!!!

BROOKLYN!!! She's the baby of the family and my personal sweetheart! He is almost 8 years old and has become such a big girl!! I can't believe that my little baby is growing up. I have a special bond with this precious little girl. When she was just a new born baby my mom and dad both had to work a lot and so I spent ALOT of time being Brooklyn's personal little mom (when i was about 11 years old myself). She was with me constantly and when i had to go to soccer or school she had to be torn from me kicking and screaming... only to resume her attachment right when i walked in the door. She would sleep with me almost every night and spend all day with me everyday. Needless to say, we were tight and i developed a mother-like love for her. Though we don't need to be pried apart anymore I can still feel and see the special attachment that we formed when she was a baby. She still follows me around when ever I am home and likes to cuddle when we watch movies and wants me to tuck her in every night. I'm almost crying as I am writing this. She is such a precious child and I love her soooo much. She is the nicest, more kind little girl I have ever met. She hate contention and always is available to spread some love and affection. She is sooo cute and no one can resist her charm and adorable smile and big brown eyes. She is a very good artist and is definitely the creative one in the family. She likes to dance, and though she is good at soccer too, she doesn't seem to share the same undying passion as the rest of the family. Though, she is always a good sport when it comes to camping out on the soccer field and watching 100s of games in a weekend. :)


So that's a quick rundown of my precious, wonderful family that i love very much! They are great and i miss them terribly. I am so excited to see them when I go home next! I'll write about my parentals later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment