Saturday, April 25, 2009

Roomie!

I got home Thursday afternoon and am in Idaho Falls for the summer. It's totally crazy, I can't believe I survived my freshman year of college. I learned a lot, academically and otherwise. First of all, my roommates were GREAT! I've definitely heard some not so good roommate stories and I am very grateful all my were so awesome. We had our ups and downs (of course, we're all girls) but in the end I think were were all pretty good friends. I want to take a second are just remember all of them.
I'll start with Nancy because she as my roommate for the shortest amount of time. She's from China and her real name is Zhou Kehui. She's super cute and WAY smart. When she came to BYU she had NO idea what to expect, she knew nothing about the church... well it didn't stay that way for long and she was baptised in the fall. I felt the Spirit SO strong at her baptism. It was beautiful! :) She moved out at semester to live in a house with some of her friends.
Next, Holly (Nancy's bedroom mate) Weibell. She is from Orem, Utah. Holly has the prettiest longest blondest hair ever and it's curly and she is so pretty. She played Lacross in high school so she was the most like me athletically. She soooo funny and we definitely had some good laughs. She's my citizen!
Next, Jessica Kosorok (my bedroom mate). Jessica is from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. She's a democrat and that definitely caused a little friction occasionally in our bedroom/apartment. She super smart and have some great academic/career goals. She had to sleep with ear plugs because I guess I'm a loud roommate. Again, another super funny roommate... we had a few "Jessica-isms": "You can rub me anywhere but my elbow", "but I don't want to land on your toast"... and multiple other ones no one will understand.
Next, Lauren Hill from good ol' Idaho Falls, Idaho. Lauren is/was (I am not sure what tense is appropriate) a dancer... so she looks like a dancer AND she has dark olive skin (aka she's beautiful). She's also very smart and wants to be a nurse. She's way nice too and was kinda our mommy... always making sure we cleaned up after our selves. I think there were a lot of funny people in my apartment: Lauren was another one.
TOE TOUCH!!!!
And last, but definitely not least: LaDawnia Marie Gifford (Lauren's bedroom mate). Dawnia and I became very good friends this year. She's great, and totally puts up with me superbly. She's from Creswell, Orgeon and rode horses and played volleyball in high school. She also had scholiosis and had surgery the summer before college. We love getting redbox and chilling on her bed or on the couch and watching movies, painting nails, talking about our future weddings/husbands, eating icecream... etc. We're going to have some great times next year and I am quite excited.
Oh ya, I'll also include our unofficial roomie: Kristen Jackson. Pretty much, she ate our food! But, she paid for it in laughs... I have never met a more naturally funny (looking) person in my life. So great! I'll feed her anyday.

2 comments: