Tuesday, September 15, 2009

J to the A to the R to the A to the K to the A

I've been back at school for three (3) weeks and have had two weeks of actual class. Its been kinda difficult getting back in the swing of things but I think I'm starting to get everything under control. Finally. The first couple weeks of school are always hard, getting used to new room mates, new classes, new ward, new calling... all that jazz. Fortunately, I have awesome roommates. We've all gotten along great for the most part and I think we'll have a good year with few confrontations.Sushi Night- My first time- I LOVED IT!

That's Dawnia, Me, Lyssa, and Kyshel (our other roommates, Rachel and Amanda were too cool to go out with us that night--aka--they have bfs). They are all B-U-TI-FUL! I love them lots! We've already had some good fun and I'm expecting many more girls nights: on-the-town kind and the movie-night kind. :)

I'm taking Human Development and so far that class seems pretty cool. Its actually been kinda boring up to this point but I think that's just because we haven't gotten to the interesting stuff yet. My teacher is great and I think she'll be very helpful if I need some assistance. I just turned in my first paper of the year yesterday!!
I'm also in Physical Science 110---- LAME---- Its just a GE and it'll be okay because its all pretty basic stuff that I learned in high school but still. Not A Fan. My teacher is funny- totally the nerdy, dorky, kinda silly professor that is very stereotypical for a science class (the first day he wore a tie with a rocket on it- cute).
Next I go to my Accounting210 class. Its interesting but hard. I did very well in my 200 class last year and so I know I'll be able to survive in this class and the professor seems very committed to making sure everyone does well but it will most def be a lot of work. Yay. I have a good friend in that class though so that should be a major help. We work very well together and I love her so that's a huge blessing.
Following ACC210 I go to my New Testament class. I think this will be my favorite. I love how seriously the teachers here take religion. The class is quite work intensive and the teacher really expects us to be come very familiar with The Gospels. This class is just Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. All about the Savior and his life and ministry. How awesome, I've very excited to become more familiar with these books. Much of the rest of the Christian world focuses on these books and I think learning about them will make me a better missionary. My teacher is AWESOME! I love how passionate he is about it. It makes me stay focused and interested all class.
I also have Philosophy of Religion class. Talk about interesting. This stuff is totally new to me and I really am intrigued by the way those of the philosophy persuasion think. LOL. I'm very much a logical thinker. Facts. Numbers. Truth. Proof. Reality. And as far as I can tell this people try to apply that way of thinking to very intangible subjects. Like God, evil, religion (at least that is what my class is about). Its very interesting. And my teacher is adorable. He's so old. He's taught this class for YEARS! and it totally shows, he knows his stuff. And BONUS: I sit next to this super cute guy. ;-)

I'm also working at Subway-- Eat Fresh-- again. Its very hard VERY HARD to get a job around here and so I decided that I'd better not push my luck and try to find something better. So I'm working 8 hours a week and trying to pick up other shifts. I'm very blessed to have this job. Two of my roommates are looking for work and have been looking since they started with no luck whatsoever. It is definitely a blessing.

My ward... is good... i guess.... i always seem to have a hard time meeting people in my ward. Its intimidating for me. I don't know if that makes sense at all. But, I hope to make good friends this year, I just need to quit being all self conscious and open up to people. The Lord knows that I needed help so he made me a .... FHE MOM! :) LOL. So, since I have plan activities and because I'm in charge of getting everyone there I have to go myself. And that's a great way to meet people and develop friendships. I'm kinda nervous about my responsibility but I grateful for the opportunity. And always thankful not to be R.S. Pres. :)

I'm sick. My nose is RUNNING and I can't catch it. My head is stuffy, my back hurts, I can feel a sore throat coming on. I went to class today and it was Philosophy and I'm pretty sure I totally grossed out the cute guy by sniffling and blowing my nose all hours. great. way to ruin any chance at all. LOL. :) But I skipped work. No one wants my germs on the sandwich.

I know it was long. But when the mood to blog arrives, I embrace it.

P.S. 10 Things I LOVE About Moving Out
1. Drinking out of the Milk Carton
2. Staying up as long as I want
3. Staying out as long as I want
4. Getting up as late as I want
5. Buying my OWN groceries
6. My RooMmATeS
7. Singles Ward-- more specifically-- RMs
8. Walking everywhere
9. Running in Provo=Hills
10. The Swimming PooL

10 Things I HATE about Moving Out
1. I miss my mommy
2. I miss my daddy
3. I miss my sisters
4. I miss my brother
5. I miss summer
6. I miss family ward
7. I miss having a car
8. I miss my kitty
9. I miss my house with more than 5 (small) rooms in it
10. I miss my desk




No comments:

Post a Comment