I have had a reoccurring thought lately concerning silly little things that describe/define me. Things that people who know me well will recognize and notice but that most people may not be aware of. These things, some more so than others, are important things that affect me almost daily. Because i keep recreating this list in my head, I'm gunna write it down.
1. I HATE being late. This applies to absolutely every event. I would rather be thirty minutes early than 2 minutes late. This is partially due the the fact that I think it's rude to be late. I also feel like my schedule is important, as is everyone else's and thus if everything started on time and consequently ended on time everything would flow much more smoothly.
1b. This preference for timeliness also means that I expect people to be to my house when i specify, whether to pick me up, or come over or for whatever reason. If you say you'll pick me up at 11, pick me up at 11. If you want me to pick you up at 12:34 I WILL be there at 12:34 (actually, i'll be there by about 12:28 waiting for you). Don't make me wait.
2. I believe I have an elevated internal body temperature because I find myself heating up even when it's extremely cold outside. I don't have an actual explanation for this but its important. I prefer to just wear a jacket rather than an coat unless it really is bitterly cold. This is also applicable to when I work out..... i sweat, more than is necessary and definitely more than is acceptable from a lady.
3. I find it extremely rude to talk to people while wearing headphones. It drives me absolutely crazy. Just pause the dang song and remove them from your ears for the duration of the conversation. This comes to my attention frequently at subway. Now, I understand that all i'm doing is making a sandwich, but anyone who has been to subway knows how many questions I have to ask and receive answers to in order to make our sandwich to your specifications. When you have your headphones in you can't hear me ask you questions. When your music is playing you tend to whisper in this ridiculous tone that requires me to read your lips. This makes me so annoyed. Just be courteous.
4. This next one may come from my current ohsosingle relationship status BUT it drives me insane when people in public (especially sporting events) can not keep their hands/lips/entire bodies off each other. If all you wanted was to make out you might as well stay home because I most definitely do not want to see your affection displayed so publicly. Disclaimer: I do not mind and even appreciate limited amounts of classy PDA. Holding hands, close proximity ... that's all fine. Just don't make out on the bleacher in front of me.
5. I am a simple person. I don't understand or put up with unnecessary frills. This is most clearly displayed in my lack of jewelery, scarves, hats or any accessory. Its not that I don't think they are 'super cute' or could improve my 'look' but I simply do not want to deal with all these extras. I do venture from this occasionally by dawning a scarf or necklace. This, however, is rare.
6. I want things done right. I have a hard time giving up responsibility to someone who I believe will not fulfill the task as well as I could. I know this is a flaw. I am not even saying that I am a perfectionist, I just like things done right. For this reason I have a hard time relying on people, in general. Even though I disappoint myself sometimes, it seems to save me some grief from relying on unreliable people. I'm working on it.
7. My feet and hand fall asleep so quickly. It's annoying.
8. I do not think back scratching in church is appropriate and thus I will not scratch your back in the chapel and i will not expect or ask for you to scratch mine. In fact, I will glare at you if you expect it from me or touch my back in such a manner. If we are not at church then I am absolutely a fan of such behavior.
I swear there was more, but I can't remember what else....
No comments:
Post a Comment