Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Where did January go?!

I did not know what would be an appropriate title for this post, and the title I selected does not really apply, although the question posed is definitely one for consideration.

A more appropriate title would probably be something along the lines of: Idon'twanttodohomeworksandmyhandiscrampingfromwritingsoinsteadi
amgoingtowastetimebywritingonmyblog.
That is exactly what I am doing.

My musings lately:
1. blogs of married people are significantly more interesting to read than those of the unattached folk such as myself.
2. I discovered lately that I don't mind writing in blue pen, something I had avoided until just recently.
3. I would never have done well in school if I had lived in a time where computers were not commonplace. My hand gets cramped after very little writing and I would never be able to write 8 page essays by hand. No, that would not be good at all.
4. "When Satan reminds you of your past, remind Satan of your future." My Sunday school teacher said this in class this past week and I really like it. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has "a past," everyone has done things that require repentance. Satan likes to constantly remind us of the blemishes in our past and to make us feel unworthy, worthless, and simply make us feel miserable because of our mistakes. The thing that we have to remember (and remind Satan of) is that "though [our] sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow." {Isaiah 1:18} The Lord's atonement covers every mistake we have ever made. If we take advantage of that most precious gift we can be clean. Satan holds no power over us if we just remember our divine origin and our divine potential. Even in this telestial state of sin we are capaple of more and have such a greater potential than Satan ever could. These bodies that we were blessed with - though they now are often the gateway to sin, addiction, temptation - are a precious gift, a blessing and as such they allow us to progress, to sin and repent, to grow... and that is more than Satan can ever do without a body of his own. It is something that we all could remember a little more often, our past is nothing compared to our future. Just embrace the atonement of our Savior and repent and make better choices next time. If that is not a statement of hope and purpose than I do not know what is.
5. Working out, though painful and sweaty and smelly, really can make ya feel good. I have been going to the gym a few days a week for the past couple weeks, and though I can't really see any physical differences yet I definitely see a difference in my self esteem and my attitude. I still need to fix my eating habits but I am definitely making progress. The reason that I think that I am having so much success is because instead of making it about losing weight and counting the pounds, it is simply about feeling good. For the first time in my life I am happy with who I am what what my body looks like. I just want to live a healthy life, I want to develop a healthy lifestyle. Of course I have a goal weight I'd like to be, or a goal weight I'd like to lift, or a goal time I'd like to meet all of these are just secondary to feeling happy and loving my life.
6. My parents are awesome. I love them so much and am so grateful for the blessing it is to have grown up with two amazing parents who love me and most importantly love and support each other.
7. I love taking/editing pictures. So much fun to document things in that way.
8. We have had such a mild winter this year, and i LOVE it. Hopefully that doesn't mean that it's going to make up for it with snowstorms in April.
9. It is difficult to come up with activites for FHE every week. Ugh.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment