That ^^^ is exactly how I feel about this year. I LEARNED SO MUCH! It wasn't all easy, actually, most of it was hard. dang hard. I can't believe (and half the time i refuse to accept the fact that) I am growing up. I am almost 20 years old. 20 years. 2 decades. 1/5 of a century. That blows my mind, so much of me still feels like a kid. And yet, at the exact same time I feel very much like an adult. The last year and a half and the next 3-5 years are years of constant change, growth, learning and adaptation: with the constant upheaval of moving to and from Provo every summer/fall and finding jobs and taking classes and meeting friends (and hopefully my one special friend), setting goals and reaching them. I seem to write about this often, but that is because I think of it often. Always. I feel like this moment is pivotal. Like every decision i make has profound and eternal consequences. I know this is a little extreme, but its kinda true. Major, friends, jobs and careers, husband.... all of these weigh heavily in the grand scheme of things (some heavier than other of course). All of these are decisions that my 20year old self is making. I am not ready to have to make decisions that affect my whole life and the life of my eventual family of procreation (new term from SFL160). I still feel like I have so much to learn and experience before I can know what I am supposed to major in. I want to talk all the classes BYU has to offer AND THEN decide which I like best. That said, I am presently loving my current choice of major: Human Development. I am enrolled in three classes that are prerequisites to this Major and they are all centered on the family. So, along with constant discussion of marriage (of which I have yet to experience) I also get to learn about doctrine and scholarily principles that will help me be a better mother some day, and along with that a better member of The Church and society. This is very important to me. I want to be a worthwhile person. I want to make a difference in SOMEONE'S life. anyone's. everyone's. somehow.
I have an epic headache right now. I've had it for approx. 24 hours and it is relentlessly pounding the base of my head, making it difficult to concentrate and think properly.
I have not written about Thanksgiving or Christmas so I will do so briefly, in bulletpoint format for ease of writing and reading:
THANKSGIVING
1. I was able to come home to IF for about six days.
2. It was a nice break but I had an accounting test the week I returned so that was constantly on my mind.
3. My family went to Pocatello to my mom's parents' house for dinner.
4. It was really fun to have everyone together and catch up after a significant time without seeing my aunts, uncles and cousins.
5. My grandfather bore the sweetest testimony of this dear wife, my grandmother. My grandparents have been married for 54 years. That's a long time. They love each other dearly and though they have had their fair share of struggles in that time they have gotten through it by working and loving together. They are both some of the strongest people I know, with the strongest testimonies. I am so grateful, everyday, for their example of what it means to be a discple of Jesus Christ, and an example of what it means to be a good person, good wife/husband, good mother/father, good grandma/grandpa. I love them so much.
6. My grandpa also gave me a blessing which touched my heart. He told me to do and remember three things: 1. Be Obedient 2. Be Kind 3. Keep it up/Endure to the End... exactly what I needed to hear.
CHRISTMAS
1. It was great to spend time with my family with out any outside responscibilities.
2. I read about 5 novels I believe. I love reading. LOVE.
3. Snow is cold, but beautiful.
4. My parents are such good people. I am so grateful for them and all they do for me and the support they give me in following my dreams.
5. My brother and sisters are so cute and SO FUNNY. They are amazing kids and are all going to do great things in their lives. I hope I am a good example of that.
6. My dad cooks the best Christmas dinner ever! (Crab, Lobster, Shrimp, Prime Rib, etc. etc. etc.) We had both sets of grandparents over for dinner and it was really fun to all get together an talk. My dad's mom got a new puppy, Holly, she's sooo cute. :P
7. I like shopping when I find good deals. :)
8. I bought a new computer that its mucho bettero than my old one.
Anyway, I just felt like that needed to be written down. My head is killing me. Ugh.
The End.
oh, ps. I love country music, especially Carrie Underwood right now!! :) love.
9.
No comments:
Post a Comment