Monday, January 17, 2011

Pardon me,

Things that I think are weird/wrong:

1. The fact that my pill bottle is excessively large compared to the size and weight of my pills. Case in point:

See! Even will 50 of the little buggers in there, it is mayyyyybe 1/4 of the way full. I don't get it.

2. Facebook.
I'm sick of it; it's annoying and its become a replacement for genuine conversation. This is probably a cliche statement but I really believe it. I used to be all gung-ho about the FB madness. And I do feel as though it serves a purpose... it's good for keeping up with people who would otherwise disappear from your life (but, in all honesty, is their fading into non-existence really a bad thing). Unfortunately, I have seen it replace concern, question, advice, comfort in my own life and those around me.
And don't even get me started on the 40+ year old segment of the population which has turned to FB for social interaction. Fine, get a FB. Fine, keep up on your kids' lives. Fine, upload a picture or two. But, for heaven sakes, a status 3times/day. "Complicated" relationship statuses. Comments of "I love you," "Happy Birthday" and other personal sentiments on the walls of those who write the same return address on their letters as you do. PU-LEESE! I'm sorry if I'm being judge-y.


But, then again, it's my blog and I be judge-y if I want to.

3. The Fro-Yo sensation that has swept Provo. I'm sick of frozen yogurt. I mean, not sick of it, I love it. It's delicious. But, I wouldn't mind something new now and again. ... and I'll admit, I'm curious to see what clever marketing scheme the next fro-yo entrepreneur throws at the already saturated market.


Three bees in my bonnet.


And one beautiful flower to enjoy:

1. I begin to believe that the world hasn't totally destroyed family and marriage when I see young people who aren't bashed about the head with the marriage 2 by 4, day in and day out(like my fellow BYU-ers and I are), marrying. They don't have to. They don't believe in forever, eternity, sealings, covenants. They've had sex, even lived together. They could keep dating a plethora of people for many more years; society has deemed them too young to wed. BUT, they do. They marry. They love and give and take. Commit. Cherish. Marry.


And I think it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment