
(to further prove my point: when I searched "the perfect wife" on Google image search it brought up a bunch of pictures of half naked women, posed seductively in the kitchen.)
My bestest and I have been often discussing lately how guys don't seem to appreciate anything beyond physical appearance. They all say they want a good mother and wife, one who cooks and cleans and cares for her family. But, how many of them seek out these traits in those they choose to date?
In one of our (many, many, many) talks about men, marriage, dating, relationships, etc., my dear friend mentioned a conversation she'd had with her mother concerning these same topics.
Her mother, who obviously has much most experience with men than either of us, said there are four things a man needs from his wife (in this order): (1) good sex (2) a clean, organized house (3) home cooked meals (4) verbal acknowledgements of his accomplishments and efforts. "Give a man these four things," she said, "and he will lay the world at your feet."
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I want to be a good wife, to a good man. I want to give him these four things in return for financial and emotional security. It's a small price to pay, in order to have someone who cares for me, and will do everything in his power to support me and love me.... forever
I have been cooking a lot lately. I love to cook healthy, colorful, flavorful dishes. It makes me feel so good when people I love appreciate the food I make. When my dad told me my pumpkin bars were "DE-LISH!" (hahaha, silly daddy) I was so happy. It makes me feel accomplished; that's what I want to spend my life doing (in large part), cooking good food for my family, and taking care of them.
I'm a great organizer; "a place for everything and everything in its place." Not going to say that I'm always tidy, sometimes my room gets quite messy! But, I try; I do my dishes; I clean the bathroom and kitchen; I make my bed. I can run a household; I can make my home nice and welcoming and homey.
Great sex. Of course it's so important. Being attractive to the opposite sex is important and girls and women should spend time on their physical appearance. Wear clothes that fit and do your hair and makeup. Go to the gym. Eat healthy. I do these things, or try to at least. But, this is where most guys get stuck. "Ooooh, she's hot! She'll make a great wife, cuz I'll get good sex." I'm sorry... but man alive!!! What are you going to do when the sex gets old?? You can't have sex 24 hours a day for 80 years. Girls want sex too; it's true. And I think girls these days focus on it more than they ought to. But, it's probably not the most important thing to most women. There's gotta be more.
I would love to have a man to share my life with. I would be so grateful to have someone to take care of me and our family. A man who will spend his day working hard to provide for the temporal welfare of our family. I feels as though everything I do, everyday, is for my future family. I don't learn new dishes because I love everything I make, but because I want to be able to make good meals for my family. I look forward to having my cute family sitting around the dinner table every night, discussing the events of the day. Going to school, working hard... it's all for them.
I know there are a lot of girls who feel the same way I do. My bestest and I talk about it all the time; she's much better at all four things than I am... but I'm trying.
Dig a little deeper, boys. :)
** This may sound sexist to some of you. I assure you it's not. Quite the opposite actually: I mean to speak of the power of women to be more than sex symbols and hookers. I speak to the power of knowledge, experience, love, compassion, compromise, truth and faith **
All I have to say is way to go! Way to say it the way it is!
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDelete