Monday, February 28, 2011

Resemblances

Today I went to the funeral of my dear Great Aunt Charlene. I have a quite a lot of thoughts to share, but I'm tired, so I'll just say this [for now]:

Of course there were a lot of extended family at this gathering, mostly people I have met once or twice in my life.... and certainly do not remember. But, they recognized me because I look like my handsome daddy and my beautiful mother. I was so flattered when people would tell me how much I "look like Bret" or say things like "I see a lot of Denise in her." I love my parents and I love to think that a part of them, who they are, their lives, their history... is in me. And I welcome the opportunity to carry that with me. My only hope is that I represent them well, that they are always proud to be my parents.

1 comment:

  1. trust me, there is no way they couldn't be more proud of, pleased with, and impressed by the person you are!!! :)

    ReplyDelete