Valentines day is a day of mixed feelings. Some people look forward to it and put a lot of time, thought, and money into celebrating it, and celebrating the love they feel for their "special someone." Other people dread the day, they feel bitter and sad as they watch those around me loving and being loved, while they sit alone. And still others find themselves in the position to be like the other 'singles' but, instead, choose to celebrate the love they feel for their friends and family.
I've been in each of those groups at a time in my life. I've had great Valentine's Days with my best friends and even with a boyfriend once upon a time. I've spent Valentine's Days heartbroken and painfully single.
Being the extremely lucky and blessed individual that I am, this year I got to celebrate the day with a really great guy (and by really great I mean super fantastic, ridiculously awesome).
He was having a tough morning so I made sure he got a cheesy handmade care I wrote first thing in the morning.
We got to each lunch together, which we're going to make a Mon/Wed tradition.
I spent an hour or so trying to make myself attractive (trying being the key word), and he picked me up at about 6:30. And when he opened the car door for me I saw a box of chocolates and a card. Ain't he the sweetest?!
I can't even believe how perfect he made my Valentine's Day. Lucky girl? To say the least.

(yes. this is my chocolate. I ate one... or two... for breakfast. UM. YUMMMM)
We went to Build-A-Bear!!! I was so excited. I've secretly always wanted for a boy to take me there and make me a cute teddy. It was seriously a dream come true (cheesy? ummm ya. but i like it. lots and lots.). He's adorable. He's got golden fuzzy fur, and cute pjs. His name is Little Josh, aka. LJ (we're witty and clever, I know). I was very happy, and I really did cuddle with the little teddy all night. (Don't worry... I'm going to post a picture of this little fella as soon as I get home to take one.)
Next, it was dinner time.

OMGOSH! It was sooo good. I'm rarely impressed or even satisfied with my meal when I eat out. But this was soo soo soo good.
Oh ya... let's back up.... wait was 2.5 hours long so we went for a drive for about an hour and just talked and listened to music (which may have been my favorite part of the night). THEN we went back to Carrabba's and ate. I had "Manicotti: Hand-rolled pasta with four cheeses, baked with pomodoro sauce and mozzarella." Like I said, it was delish. AND! (k, I'm spoiled, i know) we had some yummy chocolate-chocolate-chocolate something chocolate. Heaven. I don't think I've ever ordered dessert at a restaurant before; I felt special.
Then we went to Blockbuster and rented the most romantic of all romantic movies: Paranormal Activity. LOL. But, actually, it was pretty good... we only finished half of it because I was SOOOOOOOO tired. So, I kicked him out and made him go home.
Perfect Valentine's Day? I think, yes!
(the only problem I see with the day is that I didn't take any pictures. :( fail by jaraka)
Sounds like a perfect day! I can't wait to read more about this boy!
ReplyDelete