Thursday, December 16, 2010

Embarrassed ...

... or perhaps ashamed is a better word.... mortified? ... distraught?... disturbed?... disgusted?

I'm ashamed of the way I have treated people
I'm ashamed of the things I have thought about people
I'm saddened by things people think of me
I am disgusted by the choices I've made
I'm ashamed of the thoughts I think about myself
I'm embarrassed by the way people think I am
I'm ashamed of the way I let people dictate what I think of myself
I am disappointed by the way I think first, feel second
I am ashamed of the way I can't keep my doubts away
I'm distraught that I can't be the best... at anything, for anyone, ever
I'm ashamed by the fact that I'd really be okay with not getting out of bed for two weeks


I'm embarrassed that i've shared this.
But I'm more ashamed that I have all these things to despise about myself.

I'm plagued by my insecurities, plagued...

2 comments:

  1. oh lovely, lovely girl. you are not alone in being plagued by these thoughts. is that comforting? i hope so. it should be. it's not that you aren't unique, you aren't special--you are, but these thoughts aren't what make you so. don't be so hard on yourself. you're lovely. keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are amazing, no matter what. and that is all i have to say.

    ReplyDelete