Thursday, December 23, 2010

Home for the Holidays and Happy as Ever


I never know just how to feel when I head home... Always excited, a little anxious to live with four children again, a little sad to leave my current residence, even for two weeks. Home will always be where the heart is, where my family is. But, that said, the past two and a half years I've spent in Provo has caused it to become 'home.' I often find myself referring to Provo has "home," I always call my apartment "home." Yet, I have a feeling that no matter how many years I spend away from this house, from these people, from this bed and this kitchen, I will always feel at home here. I didn't even grow up in this house, I only lived here maybe two years before I moved to college. I've lived in many-a house, apartment, condo, in my 20 years of life.... but I have yet to find that one feels less homey than the previous, or the next. I guess that's the special nature of home. It's not where you are, but who you are really, and most importantly, who you're with.

So, it goes without saying that I'm happy. My family is fab and I love the pure wintery quality Idaho possesses. There's no mistakin' it... Christmas is upon us.

And so... we SLED

and we BAKE


and we CELEBRATE (pictures to come)

And man oh man do we have something to celebrate. Life. Love. Peace. Opportunity. Health. Family. Changes and Chances. Friends. Snow. Faith. Hope. and so. so. so. so. much more.


"Faith, Hope, and Love are some good things He gave us... and the greatest is Love"

1 comment:

  1. i loved this because i've felt the same way. love provo, love idaho, love the fam. Have a Merry Christmas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete