Sunday, April 17, 2011

J-A-R-A-K-A

Sometime I forget how different my name is: Jaraka.
I've actually met a few people who share my name.... but I've never met someone who spells it the way I do... Facebooks tells me there are 4 of us Jarakas. And some other people who I think are from India or somewhere over there. I'm not sure, but as far as English speaking women are concerned there are very few. And I'm the one and only Jaraka Hansen. Which I like.

There are a few Jericas
or Jerrikas
or Jerikas


I, personally, am partial to the triple-A combination. Even if it often results in being called Ja-Rock-A or Ja-Kar-A. Eventually we wind up at Jare-a-ka. I understand it's a little confusing. But I like it.
And I was a little annoyed when a guy told me that I should spell it differently... ok. um. no.

Friends often call me Ja-Rock-A. It's fine. I like it, because these people are basically saying, "I know your real name, but I know you well enough to use this term of endearment and friendship."

lol. whatevs. :)

1 comment: