"If you've watched the news during the last week or so I'm sure you've heard about the Secret Service agents who, while on the job in a foreign country with the President, hired 12 prostitutes. This is the saddest reflection of the state of our nation that I have seen in a while. According to GMA there was no information shared or security breach. But I think that is the least of our worries since it seems that our President and nation is not in danger. These agents presented an image of America that is unacceptable. Where have our morals gone??
As a Mormon, I understand that my idea of morality is more strict than much of the world's. But I will never accept the idea that morality is completely relative. This recent story is one of many that show the increasing immoral behavior in society. Hiring prostitutes (in general and especially while on the job, especially when your job is to hold high security and protect the President!) is immoral. As are many other practices. I believe that in general, people often have a strong moral sense. I simply encourage others to speak out and share it. We cannot afford to be afraid of offending an immoral practice by condemning it. If we don't stand up for morals than no structure, no law, no ruling can protect them."
I'm really jealous that so many people can express themselves far better than I am able. BUT, that said, I am so grateful they can so that I am able to share my own message, via their words.
So this is going to sound super dramatic, but this may or may not have made me tear up. Thanks for being the best bestie ever. I miss you.
ReplyDelete