Saturday, May 19, 2012

Father.

There's this guy.... he's never let me down.  He never will.  He loves me unconditionally.  He's my daddy. 
I've always had a pretty good relationship with my dad.  He and I have the same sense of humor, and are very similar in many ways.
I've always looked up to my dad. He's my hero. He works so hard for us. 
I've played soccer for a lot of years.  My dad coached my teams for many of those years.  He did, and does, give up SO much time and energy and money to support me and my brother and sisters. I have the best dad.  
My dad's opinion means so much to me.  I've always wanted to impress him, to make him proud.  I remember, as a young child, always wanting my dad to be pleased with the way I played in my games.  I always waited for him to tell me "Good Job" after my games.  I remember one specific instance, I was probably 10 years old, and had a bit of a rough game... he never said, "good job."  That was how I knew I had not played hard enough, hadn't given enough.  Now, I don't think he did it on purpose, all I know is that I needed to hear that from my dad. 

I've never, ever doubted that he loved me and wanted what's best for me. 
I just found these two pictures the other day.  I'd never seen them before.
I love them.  Me and my awesome daddy. 
He's the best man I know and as I've gotten older I've realized that the things I look up to in my father are the same things I look for in the boys I date.  My dad would do ANYTHING for his family.  and he does.

Love you dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment