Until today!
So far I have taken the kids to school, cleaned my car (inside and out (worst $7.00 car was EVER(so disappointed))), deposited graduation monies (thanks everyone!), worked out (if you can really call my pathetic 25 minute sweat sessions workouts), and now I'm going to start going through all my stuff. I'm going to start by digging out all my text books and posting them on half.com so that HOPEFULLY I can sell them and make a few extra bucks. I have SO much stuff and I can't take much of it to OK with me so I've got to throw away/donate/convince my mom to store it for me everything that I don't 100% need or 100% love. It'll be quite the task, but I'm a little excited. I think it can be a cathartic experience, to go though the things I have accumulated in the last 22 years, remember, and then move on.
It's been great being home. I love being able to spend time with my family. Being at home has it's perks too, I don't have to pay for laundry, or food, or anything really. BUT, it is weird living in "someone else's" house. I lived in this house for 2 years before I moved to college, and for two summers since. It's definitely home, and I love being here. But, one thing I miss is buying my own food, knowing it'll be there when I get home, and making the food I want to eat. I could afford to buy my favorite things because I was only buying for one person. I would get an avocado or two almost every time I went to the store because they are probably up there on my top 5 favorite foods. Avocados are expensive, but the way I looked at it, it was a lot better than spending $1.50 on a candy bar, when I consider avocados to be a great treat.
I ate a lot of potatoes, chicken, squash, rice, smoothies. All of those things I can easily make here at home, but it's just different.
There's a lot I want to write about, but I'll wait... until I feel less productive.
You are home. I am home. Let's play!
ReplyDeleteI love avocados too! Lucky for me my husband is not a "look in the fridge/pantry and see what I can make" kinda guy he is more of a "look in and if i even have to heat it up... I'll just do with out" So get all the yummy goodness to myself because I am willing to "fix" a meal! (: I do feel for ya though with the buying something and having someone else eat it first.
ReplyDelete