Judging. I wrote about it almost a year ago, here.
My brother is probably most moms' dream child:
- he has straight A's
- perfect citizenship grades
- star soccer player
- dedicated athlete who never misses a practice or game
- captain of his soccer team and an example to all those boys
- honest priesthood holder who worthily blesses the sacrament
- a great brother who helps his little sisters with their math homework every night and plays soccer in the backyard when they want someone to play with
- literally the funniest person I know
Sometimes my brother has a mohawk. Because he likes it. Because it's fun. Because it makes him look like a bad a$$ on the soccer field.
Sometimes people judge my brother because of his mohawk. They say it's a "bad influence" or "sets a bad example." I say, "Get to know my brother and you'll figure out that you want your son to grow up to be just like him, mohawk and all."
Dieter F. Uchdorf in this April's General Conference, "Though we cannot look into another’s heart, we assume that we know... a bad person when we see one.
Stop it!
It’s that simple. We simply have to stop judging others and replace judgmental thoughts and feelings with a heart full of love for God and His children. God is our Father. We are His children. We are all brothers and sisters.”
I am far from perfect in this aspect, I'm not calling people out... just bring attention to it in attempt to demonstrate how absurd our judgments can be sometimes.
I know there are many more extreme examples of this, but this, him, my brother, he's fantastic and I wish people would consider his heart and his mind before deciding they know him.
He's one of my very best friends. And he'll make you cry with laughter.


I love this! You are a very good sister Jaraka! I can tell your brother is awesome! Also I think about the post you did on judgement last year and I just love it. You nailed it!
ReplyDeleteI dig the hawk, totally dig it. Let the judgers be lame:)
ReplyDelete