They are ALWAYS rapping and tapping out beats with their pencils, so I gave them the assignment of writing and performing raps or poems about schools/respect/goals/etc.
I was really impressed with some of them, this one in particular.
"There are kids that want to sing, rap and do poetry.
I just want to hear your laughter, stop crying, stop whining, stop lying. More smiling.
Now respect.
Listen to your teacher, don't talk back. That's that.
Get off the floor, knock on the teacher's door. Ask for help, don't stop yourself.
Keep a small problem, a small problem: don't make it bigger.
If you want it real bad, don't get sad, get glad so everybody can see what a role model you are.
Everybody, anybody can teach these kids because we are Walt Whitman Baby Hornets!"
How amazing is that! I love all the messages they shared.
"Stop crying, stop whining, stop lying"
"Get off the floor, knock on the teacher's door. Ask for help."
One of our class expectations is to keep small problems, small. I love that they included that.
I LOVE it. Love these girls and what they put together.
"Just feeling so cool. I'm not a fool.
I will do the golden rule.
To be the best and pass the OCCT test.
I do my work and tuck in my shirt.
All the girls wear a skirt. and all the kids say "Work Alert!"
You know how to do this.
Wear a back pack, keep running back like a lab rat."
"I'm doing this solo,
I got on my polo.
I'm sitting in my desk,
knowing that I'm gunna pass my test,
so i can be the best
Trying ta get to school so I can be cool."
I can't really understand what these guys are saying, but I'll have them write it down for me and I'll post it later.
Love them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment