Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gratitude

I never did a Gratitude post.  Truth be told, I didn't do must reflecting and appreciating this Thanksgiving.  Not on purpose... I just never got around to it.  Which sound awful.  But, the more I think about it the more I realize that instead of writing down what I am grateful for I was busy enjoying it.  That's the best I think, better than simply remembering is enjoying.

I spent every second of Thanksgiving vacation hanging out with at least one member of my amazing family.
I love these people more than... anything.  I have so much fun with them.  They are adorable and energetic and fun and so incredibly funny.  I love that everyone is growing up and getting a long.  Whether is Apple to Apples or Super Mario Bros. on the Wii... it's a ball!  My little brother makes me laugh harder than any other human has ever made me laugh. 

I am so grateful to live in a country where I have the freedom to worship my God in the way I want to.  I love going to church and I love singing my hymns.  I love that I do not have to worry about who or what could hurt me because of what I religion I practice.  It's a beautiful relationship between freedom and religion.  There has been a lot of drama in the news lately about 'One nation under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance and "In God We Trust" on our money.  Of course I wish that we could keep God in His rightful place in our schools and in our government... but, truth be told.  I can worship God however I like (within reason of safety and respect for others) and I still have the privileged regardless of whether you say "One nation under God" or not. I believe in Christ and in His plan and in his Atonement... You don't have to, but I do and I will no matter what anyone says {or doesn't say}.  When someone tells me that I can't pray, or that I can't go to church... I will fight back because it is my right as an American and as a human being. 

This goes hand in hand with my gratitude for the men and women who fight to protect this country and their families who sacrifice time with their loved ones.  I have had the privileged to get to know a good number of these people.  They are giving up a lot; more than you'd think.  Additionally, I am grateful for the men and women who run The Church.  They give up a lot as well, in a little different way.  Regardless, many of them work incredibly long hours for little tangible/monetary reward.  I am grateful for both of these groups of selfless people.  The truth is, many if not all of the other things I am grateful for are granted me because of these men and women.  I am continually impressed and encouraged by their courage and faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment