... ...
Starting as a {teacher} with a brand new {life}
Soon be living in a brand new state
Brand new state, gonna treat you great!
Gonna give you {biology}, {geology} and {science}
{Learning} fer the {students}, {hope} {and an alliance}
Flowers on the prarie where the June bugs zoom
Plen'y of air and plen'y of room
Plen'y of room to swing a rope
Plen'y of heart and plen'y of hope
Oklahoma!
Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
Where the waving wheat
Can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain
Oklahoma!
Every night {my lesson-plans} and I
Sit alone and talk
And watch a hawk
Making lazy circles in the sky
{I} know {I} belong to the land
And the land we belong to is grand
And when we say Yeeow!
Ayipioeeay! Yeeow!
We're only saying "You're doin' fine Oklahoma"
Oklahoma O-K
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A
Oklahoma!
.... It's true. I've been assigned, by Teach for America, to teach high school science in Oklahoma (either Tulsa or Oklahoma City)... I'm feeling very excited, very overwhelmed, and very nervous. But, I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing. I know this is the next step for me. I feel very secure in my decision.
More later. :) I'm in class.
No comments:
Post a Comment