Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mondays, oh Mondays.

Haven't blogged for a week.  It's been that crazy.
...
and yet, I haven't much to say.

Yesterday I over booked myself, quite literally.
6:30-1:00 Work
1:00-2:00 Study
2:00-5:00 Class
5:00-7:00 Group Meeting
7:00-8:30 FHE
9:00-11:00 Group Meeting

There was just one problem... I needed to take my test.

So, I called Michael, told him I needed to cancel our meeting (he was cool with it).
So, I called Allie, asked her to run FHE in case I wasn't done with my test in time (she was cool with it).

So, I took my test from 5:15-7:15.  Which, consequently, opened up the next hour and a half so I was able to go grocery shopping.  Which was great... I've been trying to save money and eat healthier, so a first-of-the-week shopping trip was the first step.

It was a long day, and by the time I made it to the store I was tired: my make-up was worn off, my hair was messy and greasy, and I was wearing my Rascal Flatts band t-shirt (which I love).  I didn't feel pretty.  I didn't feel good. My legs tend to get crampy and sore when I'm not getting enough sleep {Ever get growing pains growing up? Just like that.}

I was shopping... looking for a lock for my work locker, and just as I found it a sweet old lady came up to me and whispered, "You are so pretty." I was shocked, but it made me feel good.  Then, I was walking to find some granola, and as I turn down the cereal aisle another lady says, "Wow, you are so pretty, and you remind me of my cousin."

Twice.  I don't know why these sweet ladies felt like they needed to say these things.  But, I'm glad they did.  It made me smile for a moment and I appreciated their candid communications.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment