Sunday, March 11, 2012

Eclairs

Everyone once in awhile I get some time to bake.  This time I didn't really have time as this baking was smushed in the one hour between my Sunday morning church meetings and church and then church and leaving for Andrew's sister's house for dinner.  Regardless, I made some eclairs. I saw them on pinterest last week, and, knowing Andrew liked them, decided that I would give it a shot.

Fortunately, they turned out great and everyone (Andrew, his sister, and brother-in-law) loved them.  That's my favorite thing, when people I care about like things that I make for them.  I feel like that is something I hope to do my whole life: make people happy by serving them in anyway I can... and baking just happens to be one way that I quite enjoy.

You can find the recipe HERE!

I was going to include the recipe in this post but that seemed like far too much work.  I was also going to take pictures of my creation.... but that, too, seemed like a lot of work.   Maybe I'll include them at a later date.

This is what hers look like:
mine were less uniform in shape, smoother in consistency, and I choose to spread my chocolate instead of tube it.  

One thing to consider.  I cooked my probably 10 minute less than she did.  I'd just keep a close eye on them and pull them out when they look golden brown and fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment