Quality Time: 9
Physical Touch: 7
Acts of Service: 3
Receiving Gifts: 1
I took a little Love Languages quiz because it's been on my mind a lot lately and discovered that what I was thinking was exactly what the quiz showed me. Words mean so much to me, especially in the event that I don't have my second language: quality time. But, even when we get all the quality time in the world I still need verbal confirmation.
"Actions don't always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing words, "I love you," are important - hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten."
Amen and amen.
This doesn't just apply to my romantic relationship, it's something I've established with my parents. They know how much these words mean to me. Of course, they've known me for 21 years and 11 months so they've had a lot of time to get to know me and we've had our struggles, but when I hear my parents tell me how proud they are of me it makes me so happy. They know that, and especially because we don't live together anymore, they each take every opportunity to express this.
My best friends have a part in this too. I don't get to spend a ton of time with either of them but when little text messages of, "You're the best" or "That's exactly what I needed to hear" mean the world to me. That is enough to maintain a very positive and strong friendship.
Anyway, I love when I learn things about myself. :)
Hey, you are the best :)
ReplyDeleteTrue story.