Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just a few things.

I slept from 11:30pm to 6:25am.  I did not wake up once during the night.  I am so sluggish and tired this morning. I don't understand why. 

I want to go ice skating.  I haven't skated since I was about 10 years old... and even then it was just on a frozen puddle in my friends neighborhood.  

I am really looking forward to this weekend! Double date with one best friend on Friday and gathering with friends to watch football on Saturday.  It is going to be so much fun.  Pictures to come (if I remember)!

Ever wake up with anxiety and this feeling of dread in the pit of your stomach?  That's how I felt/feel this morning.  I can't think of any reason to be so uptight but it's making me nervous!

I would like to tell you a story:
One time, as he was kissing me, I look up to see his eyes peered to the side... watching the football game! I called him out on it and he will never live it down.  I always try to make sure it's on commercial break before I distract his attention in any way. Of course, I do this as sarcastically and dramatically as possible. Also, (on more than one occasion) I'll be telling him something and when it comes time for him to respond he says, "What were you saying?"  So... those two situations combined give me ample ammunition for an instance yesterday.  I was folding my laundry and telling him about something (I'm sure it was extremely important at the time), he's sitting on the other couch watching football and checking his work email on his phone.  Again, I finish my story and he says, "What were you saying?"  I reply with, "Oh never mind, I'll just silently fold laundry like women are supposed to."

You see, this is funny because A) only a few hours earlier he made me dinner (he even dished it up and brought it to the floor where I was studying) and did all the dishes and B) he patiently answers all my football questions during the games (I told him that answering questions everyday for one season is a small price to pay for a lifetime of supportive-girlfriend-football-watching) and even entertains my conversations of politics and movies during said games.  The truth is, I have the most supportive, patient, kind, attentive, selfless boyfriend.

We've been "official" for 31 days today.  1 month.  When we were joking about his "feature post" yesterday, and I told him we've only been truly dating for a month, only 31 days. "The best 31 days," I said, "the best 31 days of my life."  I don't know if that's true... in the realest sense.  I mean, I've lived upwards of 8,000 days in my life.  I'd like to think I've had some pretty good days in those 21 years.  You see, I've been incredibly stressed these last 31 days; I have a lot on my plate and even more on my mind.  But the real truth is, he make everything easier, make me happier, and makes whatever troubles I have to endure absolutely worth it.  I've never been in such a stable, comfortable, respectful relationship.  I don't worry [as much] {which is weird for me}.

1 comment:

  1. I swear Josh knows where every football and basketball player went to high school, college and what their stats were during all that time.... but he has no idea what my best friends names were in HS, college or now!
    Oh Boys! Ya gotta love em!

    ReplyDelete