Thursday, March 15, 2012

"A Guy Worth Waiting For"


Mulan is my favorite movie of all time.  I know every word of that movie and everyone hates to watch it with me because I can't help but quote it and sing along.  The music is one of the best parts of that movie.  Everyone knows the song, "A Girl Worth Waiting For" you know, "For a long time we've be marching off to battle, in a fumbling herd we feel a lot like cattle."  One day of my freshman year of college, my roommate Holly and I were walking home from the temple after doing baptisms and we started to writing this song.  We were doe-eyed freshmen and all the young men were preparing for their missions and a lot of girls were deciding if waiting for them to get back was worth it.  I love this song so much and I think it's super catchy. If your familiar with the tune you'll be especially impressed with our writing.  :) 

"For a long time we’ve been going to our classes
Trying to catch an eye out in the masses

For our other part our aching heart starting to get sore

Hey! Think of instead, a guy worth waiting for.
Huh?
That’s what I said, “A guy worth waiting for.”

I want a pure and honest guy
With a heart thats clean and true.

A guy will marvel at my faith and say “I love you, too.”

I dont care if he has hair or if he’s chubby,
I know I want a handsome hubby.
Tall, Dark, Elder
Mmmm

I bet the local guys thought you were quite the charmer
And I know the fellas love a girl in armor “Armor of God!!”

You can guess just what we want to knock upon our door,
What do we want?
A guy worth waiting for.

My guy will think I have no faults
Without me he’d be lost
How ‘bout a guy who’s got some cash
Who’ll always pay the cost?
YA!

My homemaking and scone baking are sure to thrill him
In ten years she is sure to kill him.

I’ve a guy back home who’s unlike any other…
Ya, the only guy who’d love her is her brother.

When he comes home I’ll meet him at the airport dressed in white!
What do we want?
A guy worth waiting for
What’ll I have?
A guy worth waiting for
What should you be?
A guy worth waiting for!!!!"

2 comments: