I have watched it regularly for the last few seasons. I watched Jason's (Molly), Jake's (Vienna), Ali's (Roberto), Brad's (Emily), Ashley's (JT), and now Ben's (???).
I think this is a sad show. Why on earth would girls who have "been waiting so long," to "find someone to love" that they "open {their} hearts" and "accept vulnerability" go on a show that pits them against 24 other equally beautiful, talented, {crazy}, smart, "honest," and desperate women??? It's a sick idea... like a modern day gladiator. I'm sure all of those women know that love hurts; it is often a painful and traumatic experience, whether it works out or not.
1:24; 1 of 25, 1/25 : Those are your odds! If the place you left to join the show had worse odds than that... well, leave the Abby! I can't imagine why it sounds like a good idea to narrow your options to one. It. Doesn't. Make. Sense. Especially because you don't even know if you'll like him AND you'll have to live with a bunch of emotionally unstable women who are fighting with vigor and vim to win that same man!
The only real answer is that those women are looking for excitement, fame, drama, and competition. There is so much drama. D.R.A.M.A. It's kind of embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for them; the way they act and the things they say can never be good for their reputations post-show.
I'm convinced that at least 50% {if not more} of the girls who receive roses {especially early on} are picked by the producers. This is the most repulsive part of the show. Lies masquerading as truth.
I find myself being extremely judgmental while I watch the show. Judging hair style, dresses, modesty (or the lack thereof), speech, behavior... everything really.
So far this season I have seen a lot of tears and a lot of boobs!
I have an idea! Don't watch it anymore. Done. Now you won't have to be upset by it every time you watch.
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't upset me. I think it's an interesting display of our society. The drama and competition is an interesting premise for TV and one that I enjoy watching and critiquing.
DeleteHaha, modern day gladiator :]
ReplyDeleteHaha.. I think that's why the show is soo great because it's soooo ridiculous..ya know what I mean :)
ReplyDelete