http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo5wWmKEaI
I thought this song was a PERFECT example of what our society values.
"I want all of you tonight, give me everything tonight... for all we know, we might not get tomorrow."
"But I might drink a little more than I should tonight
And I might take you home with me, if I could tonight
And, baby, Ima make you feel so good, tonight
Cause we might not get tomorrow"
This goes against EVERYTHING I've ever been taught. See: Second Nephi 28: 7-9
7) Yea, and there shall be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die; and it shall be well with us.
8) And there shall also be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God - He will justify in committing a little sin; yea, lie a little, take advantage of one because of his word, dig a pit for thy neighbor; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.
9) Yea, and there shall be many which shall teach after this manner, false and vain and foolish doctrine and shall be puffed up in their hearts and shall seek deep to hide their counsels from the Lord and their works shall be in the dark.
7) Yea, and there shall be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die; and it shall be well with us.
8) And there shall also be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God - He will justify in committing a little sin; yea, lie a little, take advantage of one because of his word, dig a pit for thy neighbor; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.
9) Yea, and there shall be many which shall teach after this manner, false and vain and foolish doctrine and shall be puffed up in their hearts and shall seek deep to hide their counsels from the Lord and their works shall be in the dark.
The messages shared in this song teaches us and our children to be frivolous with our time and our relationships. It teaches us to 'live for right now' and to forget about the eternal goals and desires of our hearts for temporary pleasures for our bodies. It is going to bring us DOWN if we are not aware of the messages which are playing all around us.
If you watch the video (which I do not recommend) you'll notice the scantily clad women throwing themselves at the men. Letting them touch them and disrespect them. It hurts me. It makes me so sad...
![]() |
| I'm hating it. Actually, I'm disgusted by it. |
WOMEN: RESPECT YOURSELF and DEMAND RESPECT from men.
For the sake of all that is good and holy PLEASE don't flaunt your body; protect it and guard it and cherish it. We would not have this problem if women had the courage and the self-respect to say "No, I will not take off my clothes and press my body against yours so that your music video gets a lot of downloads." "No, I will not remove my shirt and show the world my chest just to get a few movie sales." "No, I will not wear a revealing bikini and spread myself across this bed to sell your perfume." Say No. Damn it. SAY NO!
I do not place this blame on men or women. I place it on men AND women. It is a cycle, women will continue to use their bodies to attract men's attention as long as men give them attention for their bodies.
You probably don't think your choices can make much of a difference. You're not a model or an actress... but guess what... you buy their products. You pay the naked model's salary. I encourage you to take a stand. I encourage you to make another choice if one is available. Don't buy the trashy magazines, don't go to the trashy movies, don't dress your children up like skanks for Halloween. (Read about that HERE) The best way to make a difference is to simply be aware of the avenues the media uses to shove sexuality in our faces.
Just give it a shot. Lift up and empower the women in your life.

No comments:
Post a Comment